Monday, March 12, 2012
Tasty Tuesday - Grilled Pesto Pizza
This great weather means one fabulous thing in the world of cooking - grilling!! Last night I grilled pizza for the first time. My mom is awesome at this, so I decided to give it a try.
This pizza doesn't have a major ingredient list, and you can make it with any toppings you want!
1 Pillsbury pizza crust
Pesto (4 ice cubes of it that my mom made from my herb garden last summer)
Veggies (spinach, zucchini, asparagus, and mushrooms were my choices)
Crumbled goat cheese
1. Stretch the crust out on a piece of aluminum foil that has been coated with oil or cooking spray.
2. Brush the other side of the dough with oil.
3. Invert the foil onto a hot grill and peel away.
4. Flip the dough once it has cooked on one side.
5. Spread the cooked side with pesto.
6. Lay out the veggies on top.
7. Sprinkle with goat cheese, mozzarella, and garlic salt.
8. Let the pizza on the grill until the cheese melts.
Enjoy! The pesto adds great flavor. I didn't want to stop eating this!