It's the time of year where of all things pumpkin. This recipe was inspired by one I saw in Everyday (Rachael Ray's magazine, a favorite for new recipes!) and on Pinterest.
Pumpkin and Goat Cheese Quesadillas
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (plain - not pie filling)
1/4 cup black beans black beans
1 oz. goat cheese (crumbled)
cumin (to taste)
garlic powder (to taste)
onion salt (to taste)
tortilla (I used 2 and made one giant quesadilla, the brand I use are Food For Life Brown Rice, they are gluten free and found in the organic frozen section)
1. Mix pumpkin and spices together in a small bowl. (I probably used 1/2 tsp of each spice)
2. Stir in black beans.
3. Spray a non-stick pan with olive oil spray.
4. Spread one tortilla with pumpkin mixture. Place tortilla side down in the pan.
5. Sprinkle with goat cheese. (you can also mix the goat cheese in with the pumpkin)
6. Top with remaining tortilla.
7. Flip (Carefully!) when one side is browned and crispy.
Serve with yogurt lime dipping sauce! (Greek yogurt, lime juice, and cumin mixed together)