Here's a check in with my March goals:
- Get more sleep - I did okay with this for the first two weeks, but then with the "big race" and the time change, I ended up getting about 6 hours of good sleep each night. I am still working on it!
- Consistent weekly runs - The 2 weeks leading up to the half, I did okay with this. The 2 weeks after the half, I did great! I ran 3-4 miles several times both weeks. It felt great!
- Stop spending calories on empty food. I did not hit the chocolate at work for over a week straight! I'm getting better at spreading my calories across my day more so I don't end up with 300 calories I can use for chocolate at the end of the day.
And now for some fresh goals for April:
- PR (Personal Record) in a 5K
- Run a mile in under 9 minutes (9:09 is my fastest mile so far)
- Weekly speed work runs
- Consistent 1400-1600 calorie days. I've been going towards the 1800-2000 calorie days too frequently and it's slowing my progress.
- No TV during the week. I was great about this all school year but have slacked off a little in the last month. Skipping TV during the week really helps me stay organized, gives me more time for reading, and I think I sleep better too.
- Try more new recipes! I have so many fun recipes pinned on my Pinterest Recipe board that I want to try, but I've been getting stuck in a rut. I'm great at making one person meals, but I want to get back to trying new recipes.
Fun hiking at Walnut Creek Park in Charlottesville, VA over Easter with my college pal, Kellie!