Well hello, July! Usually I start off my monthly goal post with something about how fast the month went, but honestly - June felt really long, in a good way! It was a great month. I turned 32, ran a 10K, school ended, I spent a week in Colorado with my parents, ran a color run, took some time off of calorie counting (and still maintained my weight!), and refocused myself.
To be honest, I haven't really put a great deal of thought into my July goals. I'm enjoying the freedom of summer! So let's see..
1. Cook at least 5 new recipes and blog about them.
2. Run for the sake of getting in the mileage, worry less about time - the humidity is killing my times.
3. Begin consistent training for the Baltimore Half Marathon (did I post about this? October 12th!!)
4. Stay focused on calorie counting, but don't compromise eating real food for eating low calorie food.
5. Complete the "Plank a Day" challenge! I always see these on Pinterest or Instagram, but I never do them. Summer seems like the perfect time!
I like fewer numbers based goals for this month. I want to focus on enjoying the freedom of summer - the time to test recipes, get in extra workouts, and get lots of sleep!