I know zucchini is plentiful and cheap around these parts right now - so these zucchini boats are perfect! You can make zucchini boats with any filling you want, but this is just what I used!
1 medium or large zucchini
1-2 cloves garlic - minced
1/4 medium onion (or more if you like onion!) - chopped
1 large portabello mushroom cap- chopped
1/2-1 medium tomato (depending on how much you like) - chopped
6 Trader Joe's meatless meatballs - or you could use ground meat - these are just easy!
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Slice zucchini in half the long way and scoop out the seeds. (set them aside)
3. Spray the zucchini (or brush lightly) with oil. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Place the zucchini upside down on a baking sheet (greased or covered with foil) and bake 15 minutes until slightly tender.
4. Meanwhile, squeeze the excess moisture out of your zucchini by wringing it out in a towel (similar to what you do with frozen spinach)
5. In a pan, saute the onion and garlic. Add the mushroom, tomato, and zucchini "guts".
6. Heat the meatballs according to package directions. Chop up into pieces.
7. Add the meatballs to the veggies and saute until it's all soft and heated.
8. When the zucchini is done, flip it over and fill the boats with the veggie/meatball mixture.
9. Top with mozzarella cheese and bake 15-20 minutes until the zucchini is tender.
I made this when I was craving a slurpee on one of the 90+ degree days we had last week!!
1 cup chopped watermelon
1 cup frozen strawberries
generous squeeze of lime juice
1. Put the fruit and lime juice in a blender.
2. Add sparkling water (the amount will vary depending on your fruit) and blend until slushy.