1. Distance PR - On Saturday morning I ran my farthest distance ever - 14 miles!! I was excited about this run because I felt like it gave me a little preview into marathon training. Although the thought of "I have to run 12.2 more miles" was really, really daunting.
2. Fancy Pants - I've been reading about and looking at the CW-X Stabilyx tights for a few months now and I finally bit the bullet and bought them. So what's so fancy about these pants? From the CW-X website: "The patented CW-X Support Web™ bands together the muscles and ligaments of the lower leg to stabilize the knee and reduce vibration for increased efficiency." Basically, the stripes on the pants mimic KT tape and help support your muscles. I honestly didn't notice a huge difference during my run. They were comfy and felt great, but I wasn't thinking they were worth the $70 I paid for them. Then I woke up the next morning...with ZERO soreness. Not even a twinge! I had run 14 miles at a decent pace and I never would've known it by the way my legs felt the next morning. The more I run, the more I realize that when you're training for distances - it's worth it to spend money on the fancy gear!
3. Ginger - It's been 3 weeks since this orange gal joined my household. It's been a funny 3 weeks as she and Minimum try to figure out how to get along. There's still frequent hissing and growling, but we're making progress! Ginger was very hesitant to leave "her room" at first, but lately she's been coming out all the time and sitting with me on the couch. She's settling in just fine, I'd say!
4. Cadbury Eggs - I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was hilarious!! I totally get this. And also now I would like some Cadbury eggs - those little solid chocolate ones that come in the purple bag. Mmmm...
5. Restless - This past week, my church finished up a series on the Ten Commandments. The final message wrapped up the series with an awesome heart check. The line that keeps running through my head is: "When your heart is in sync with God's will, you find rest." Sometimes, we're called to do things that just don't make any sense, or that people think are crazy - but we feel this completely unexplainable peace about it. That peace is a sign that you're in line with God's will! (You can check out the message here)